Sunday 17 January 2016

Crochet Craziness

Last Summer I suddenly got an incredible need to crochet.
I found myself in the aisle of glorious yarns, and could not help myself.
 

Being a complete newbie I had no idea how to crochet or what I could possibly make.
After watching a couple of videos online and quite a few cups of tea, I had lots of round
crochet-thingies.....
 
 
Having lots of potential coasters is great, but after the kids putting claim on several of them
I still had lots left, and I decided I would make them into squares.
 

Lots of squares.....
 

... hundreds of squares *smiles*
 
So I figured I would make a blanket! Eureka!
Not an easy task. After browsing online for a while I decided to single-crochet stitch all the
squares together.
 


 
There was a definite point I could literally not feel my arms anymore....
 

... and the dining room table had become a place where no one could eat any longer.
 

After a few days my very first *so proud* crochet blanket was all finished!
 

 
And now I am hooked :)
Should I seek help?
 
xxx


12 comments:

  1. Your blanket is gorgeous!! I love how you made a pattern with all those squares:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monika! We had a lot of fun here placing them on the floor. The blanket turned out HUGE!! Two people could easily snuggle underneath it ♥

      Delete
  2. Oh so snugly and gorgeous !!
    Your blanket is lovely.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose! I enjoyed making it so much.
      I have been a bit of crochet addict ever since!

      Delete
  3. It is so nice to see you posting again.
    Your blanket is lovely.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you that you were addicted! But look at how all of those beautiful little circles turned out, amazing. The colours are gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you start on next. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am definitely addicted Deb :)
      I have almost finished another big blanket!
      I will take some photos soon, the light has been so poor in the house :(

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful! I started knitting end of last year too and now im hook. I still need to explore and experience more in knitting.

    Have a beautiful new week.
    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jacqueline for your comment.
      I love to knit, too, but because of the atrosis in my neck it is virtually impossible. :( It causes me too much pain. But for some reason I am able to crochet ♥

      Delete

Thanks ever so much for sharing your thoughts!